The Monetary Policy Committee is responsible for defining monetary policy within WAMU, and its instruments, in line with the provisions of the Statutes.
The Monetary Policy Committee comprises :
- The Governor of the Central Bank,
- The Deputy Governors of the Central Bank,
- One member nominated by each of the Governments of the member States of the Union and appointed by the Council of Ministers,
- One member nominated by the State to ensure the convertibility of the common currency,
- Four other members from WAMU member States, appointed intuitu personae by the Council of Ministers.